Behavioral Health Services Administration
828 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95128
Margaret Obilor, M.A, Ed.D
Director, Adult and Older Adult Services
Behavioral Health Services
Phone: (408) 823-8075
E-mail: marg[email protected]
AOA serves adults (age 18-59) and older adults (60+) with behavioral health needs. If you have needs which leave you unable to do basic self-care skills, you may be able to get behavioral health services for mental health, substance use and other types of co-occurring disorders.
We have county offices and contract with more than 45 providers who offer behavioral health services to support hope, wellness and recovery. Our providers have experience in addressing the special needs of the aging population, including the complex stressors older adults face, social isolation and behaviors unique to the aging population.
If eligible, we provide free or low cost services to people that have Medi-Cal and/or Medicare and live in Santa Clara County. We also offer limited services for people that live in the county and have no coverage.
The Santa Clara County Adult and Older Adult Crisis Continuum are as follows:
- Suicide & Crisis 24-Hour Line
A 24-hour, toll-free confidential phone line to help people in crisis, give emotional support, suicide prevention, crisis intervention, and referrals to resources
- Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT)
- Consists of a behavioral health professional riding with a Law Enforcement Officer
- The Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT)
- Crisis response services to individuals experiencing mental health crisis
- Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU)
- Services such as screening, assessment, treatment plans, brief therapy, peer support, to people and families, to stabilize a crisis
- Mental Health Urgent Care (MHUC)
- Walk-in crisis clinic, with a psychiatrist on duty, for those who need voluntary services
- Emergency Psychiatric Services (EPS)
- 24-hour locked psychiatric emergency room, which provides emergency psychiatric care
- Crisis Residential
- Alternative to inpatient hospitalization; provides therapy services in a protected, supervised, residential setting
For more information about all our programs, or to see if you qualify please contact:
Behavioral Health Call Center
If you have an urgent behavioral health need or are in a crisis, please contact Mental Health Urgent Care at 1-408-885-7855.
Mental Health Urgent Care (MHUC)
871 Enborg Court
San Jose, CA 95128
MHUC services are temporarily relocated to the Central Wellness and Benefits Center Building at 2221 Enborg Lane, San Jose CA 95128.
Hours: Monday - Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
If this is a crisis or emergency call 911, and ask for a “CIT officer” (Crisis Intervention Team).