Did you know that Mental Health America (MHA) founded May is Mental Health Month back in 1949? That means this year marks MHA’s 70th year celebrating Mental Health Month! This year’s theme is “Strength in Community".
Behavioral Health Services Department wants everyone to know that mental illnesses are real, and recovery is always the goal. Living a healthy lifestyle may not be easy but can be achieved by gradually making small changes and building on those successes. Finding the balance between work and play, the ups and downs of life, physical health and mental health, can help you on the path towards focusing both #4Mind4Body.
To celebrate May is Mental Health Month with the community, Behavioral Health Services Department is offering many activities and events. Let us spread the word and make a healthier community.
Check out BHSD Events in the different locations:
Esperanza Self-Help Center May Events 1235First Street, Gilroy, CA 95020
- Esperanza "QPR Suicide Prevention Training" flyer | Wednesday, May 1, 2019 12:00-1:30pm
- Esperanza "Meditation Workshop by Blue Lotus Center" flyer | Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:00-2:00pm
- Esperanza "Healing Voices Film" flyer | Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:00-2:00p
Zephyr Self-Help Center May Events 1075 ESanta Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95116
- Zephyr "Patients' Rights" flyer | Thur. May 2, 2019 @ 2pm
- Zephyr "Consumer Art Show" flyer | Friday, May 10, 2019 11:00-2:30pm
ECCAC Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) May Trainings
- Mental Health First Aid Training Registration Form
- Mental Health First Aid Trainings Dates flyer
- Youth Mental Health First Aid flyer | May 7 & 8, 2019 9:00am-1:00pm
- Youth Mental Aid First Aid flyer | May 20 & 22, 2019 12:30-4:30pm
Office of Family Affairs Events 2221 Enborg Lane, San Jose, CA 95128
- "QPR Suicide Prevention Training" flyer | Wednesday May 15, 2019 6:30-8:00pm
- "Self Care & Mental Health Presentation" flyer | Saturday May 25, 2019 5:00-6:30pm
- "Pharmacist Presentation" flyer | Wednesday May 29, 2019 6:30-8:00pm
Suicide Prevention May Events
- Suicide Prevention Activities Calendar
- Suicide Prevention "May is Mental Health Matters Month!" Activities Flyer
- 2019 Suicide Prevention Conference | Friday May 31, 2019 8:30-1:00pm