- To foster an increased awareness regarding behavioral health needs of older adults residing in Santa Clara County
- To advocate for comprehensive, integrated accessible, culturally competent, and innovative services for older adults
- To encourage, foster and support staff development regarding evidence-based practices and methods for geriatric behavioral health.
VISION STATEMENT: The Older Adult committee’s Vision for a system of behavioral health for older adults is
- A thriving older adult division of the Department of Behavioral Health, that delivers services from a foundation of evidence-based practices throughout the entire system of behavioral health care.
- A system in which the professionals delivering services experience their work as “supportive” stimulating, rewarding and creative.
- A system where older adults have access to culturally competent, effective and comprehensive treatment and service, where interventions are community oriented and occur at the earliest point of need.