Raising Early Awareness and Creating Hope (REACH) Program serves youth ages 10 - 25 years in Santa Clara County who are at risk for developing a mental illness. The REACH Program was created to detect early warning signs of psychosis that may pose a threat to young adults and to provide effective support and treatment.
Raising Early Awareness and Creating Hope (REACH) Program is a collaborative effort between Starlight Community Services and Momentum for Mental Health. Together, REACH is committed to providing early intervention and preventions services throughout Santa Clara County.
The following services are provided:
- Psycho-education for the community
- Phone and in-person consultations
- Multidisciplinary assessments
- Outreach to schools
- Individual and family counseling
- Crisis management
- Momentum for Mental Health medication management
- Occupational therapy
- Supported education and employment
- Family advocated and peer mentor support
This program accepts referrals through the Behavioral Health Call Center 1-800-704-0900 or contact REACH directly for consultation, for more information or referrals call 1-855-273-2248.
To learn more, visit the Raising Early Awareness and Creating Hope (REACH) Program Website at www.reach4scc.org.
Tara A. Niendam, Ph.D. et al. Psychiatric Services. Vol. 70, Iss. 6, March 20, 2019
Canadian Consortium for Early Intervention in Psychosis
Early Assessment and Support Alliance (EASA)
Raymaker, D.M., Rija, M., Sale, T., Wall, C., Cohrs, N., & Gould, V. (2019). Important Information for Parents and Friends of Young People Experiencing Psychosis: Lessons Learned from Young Adult Graduates of EASA. Portland, OR: Research and Training Center for Pathways to Positive Futures, Portland State University.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Early Psychosis Project
National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD): for Family & Peers
National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD): for Providers
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Early Assessment and Support Alliance (EASA) Center for Excellence at Portland State University
- Felton Institute's Early Psychosis Programs
- Hearing Voices Network (HVN)
- IEPA Early Intervention in Mental Health Inc.
- International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis-USA
- Intervoice International
- NASMHPD Early Intervention in Psychosis
- National Council for Behavioral Health First Episode Psychosis
- NIMH Recovery After an Initial Schizophrenia Episode (RAISE)
- PIER Training Institute
- Prodrome and Early Psychosis Program Network (PEPPNET)
- PEPPNET Directory of Early Psychosis Intervention Programs Map
- REACH Program for Santa Clara County
- South Bay Project Resource
- Stanford INSPIRE Clinic
- Strong 365 a project of One Mind Institute
- UC Davis Early Psychosis Programs
- UCSF Path Program
- Voice Collective
- Understanding Voices (UK)