Grievance & Appeal

Mental Health Department (MHD) Problem Resolution Process

If you are unhappy with any issue related to the behavioral health services you are receiving, you could use the Behavioral Health Services Department’s problem resolution process to try and resolve your concerns.

How can I start the problem resolution process?

Complete the Grievance & Appeal form and send it to the Quality and Improvement Program at:
Quality Improvement Program
P.O. Box 28504
San Jose, CA 95159

Grievance & Appeal forms, pre-paid and pre-addressed envelopes should be available at every clinic

or Call the Quality Improvement Coordinator at (800) 704-0900.

Who else can help me?

Contact the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley, Health Program (formely: Mental Health Advocacy Project)

Intake Line: 1(408) 280-2420

at: (800) 248-MHAP or 1 (408) 294-9730

Mental Health Departments' Grievance & Appeal Forms

Substance Use Treatment Services (SUTS) Problem Resolution Process​

To start the process, you can either:

  1. Complete the Grievance & Appeal form and give it to your provider,  drop it off, or mail it to:
    976 Lenzen Ave, 3rd Floor
    San Jose, CA 95126 
    Attention: Clinical Standards Coordinator
  2. You may call the Quality Improvement Coordinator at 1 (800) 704-0900 for assistance in filing your complaint or to speak with an on-call staff from your managed care plan.​​​

Who else can help me?

Contact the Mental Health Advo​cacy Project​ at: (800) 248-MHAP or 1 (408) 294-9730

Substance Use Treatment Services Grievance & Appeal Forms


©2023 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.