Referrals are offered for people of all ages. Behavioral Health services are offered to Santa Clara County residents who receive Medi-Cal or Medicare benefits, or have no insurance.
Phone: 1 (800) 704-0900
If you are experiencing a behavioral health crisis call 1 (800)704-0900, press 1 or dial 9-8-8 for local 408, 650 and 669 area codes.
Hours: 24-hours, 7 days a week
Languages available: Translation services available in all languages spoken in Santa Clara County
The Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Call Center (BHCC) is the centralized entry point for individuals who are seeking behavioral health services in Santa Clara County.
General information and referrals are available 24/7, including holidays.
Call center staff will connect you with a referral to address all your behavioral health needs. This may include a referral to a county mental health or substance use treatment program, or a community-based organization.
The primary function is to provide a 24/7 telephone service which offers:
• Screenings for mental health and substance abuse treatment needs
• SUTS assessment appointments offered
• Referrals to outpatient MH, and outpatient, residential, and Detox SUTS services.
• Authorization for Fee-for-Services Medi-Cal visits
• Information on how to file a grievance or appeal
• Information on Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT)
• General information about MH or SUTS services
• Patient navigation services
Referrals are offered to individuals of all ages.
Behavioral Health services are offered to Santa Clara County residents who receive Medi-Cal or Medicare benefits or have no insurance.
For Substance Use Treatment Services, skilled screeners prescreen and refer callers to sites throughout the county for a more detailed assessment, and treatment services that are individualized to each client’s recovery needs.