The Suicide Prevention Data Workgroup works to establish a robust data collection and monitoring system in the County, in order to increase the scope and availability of suicide-related data and to evaluate suicide prevention efforts.
- Quick Facts on Suicide in Santa Clara County (04/2015)
- Quick Facts on Firearms Injuries in Santa Clara County (10/2015)
- Vital Signs: Trends in State Suicide Rates—United State, 1999 – 2016 and Circumstances Contributing to Suicide—27 States, 2015 (06/08/18). Link to Website CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).
Staff from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), responded to a request for Epidemiologic Assistance (Epi-Aid) from the Santa Clara County to meet the following objectives:
1. Characterize the epidemiology of, and trends in, fatal and nonfatal suicidal behaviors among youth occurring from 2003 through 2015 in Santa Clara County, California.
2. Examine the degree to which media coverage of youth suicides occurring from 2008 through 2015 in Santa Clara County, California, met safe suicide reporting guidelines.
3. Inventory and compare youth suicide prevention policies, activities, and protocols used in the community to evidence-based and national recommendations.
4. Synthesize information from objectives 1–3 to make recommendations on youth suicide prevention strategies that can be used at the school-, community-, and county- levels.
Suicide Prevention Data Reports
Suicide Prevention & Crisis Resources
- Covid-19 Resources
- Suicide Prevention Community Outreach Materials
- Crisis Text Line
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Services Contact Info.
- SCC Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan June 2010 Rev. 03/2011
- CDC Epi-Aid Report on Youth Suicide in Santa Clara County 2016
- K-12 Toolkit for Mental Health Promotion & Suicide Prevention, 07-01-17
- National & State ResourcesYouth & Young Adult Resources
- Veterans Crisis LineTrans Lifeline