Recommendations for Reporting on Suicide
Responsible Media Coverage Saves Lives
Recommendations for Reporting on Suicide were developed by leading experts in suicide prevention and in collaboration with several international suicide prevention and public health organizations, schools of journalism, media organizations and key journalists as well as Internet safety experts. The recommendations are based on more than 50 international studies on suicide contagion.
For more information visit TEAM Up (Tools for Entertainment and Media).
13 Reasons Why Netflix Series Guidance Materials:
AFSP 13 Reasons Why Guidance Resources
Suicide Prevention & Crisis Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- Suicide Prevention Community Outreach Materials
- Crisis Text Line
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Services Contact Info.
- SCC Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan June 2010 Rev. 03/2011
- CDC Epi-Aid Report on Youth Suicide in Santa Clara County 2016
- K-12 Toolkit for Mental Health Promotion & Suicide Prevention, 07-01-17
- National & State Resources
- Youth & Young Adult Resources
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Trans Lifeline