Suicide Prevention Conference Session Recordings - May 3, 2021
- Keynote: Dr. Joyce Chu: https://youtu.be/t0V_zBB4gag
- Educational Institutions: Dr. Shashank Joshi : https://youtu.be/YejYFAFKFv4
- Safe Messaging: Chloe Sorensen, JJ Singh Kapur and Vicki Harrison
- Data, Evaluation + Health Systems (partial recording): https://youtu.be/ULmqSMfyd-I
- LGBTQ+ Mental Health, Wellness, and Self-Care: Isabella Garcia and Emmett Marsh https://youtu.be/9m5zPH0MM8Y
Suicide Prevention Conference Recordings – May 10, 2021
- Mental Health, Wellness, and Self-Care: Chef Carlos Pineda and Joseph Galvan https://youtu.be/t7GdCsXSI0Q
- Crisis Response Models: Mary Ojakian and Evelyn Quintanilla
- Trauma and Grief: Krista Reuther
- Faith: Rev. Cindy McCalmont and Dr. Chris Miller
- Mental Health, Wellness, and Self-Care: Lueni Masina, Nani Wilson, and Jennifer Lee Thuresson https://youtu.be/SqfN7WhlD-8
- Firearm Means Restriction: Sharon Genkin and Yvonne Murray
- Public Education Campaigns: Jay Donoghue, Lan Nguyen, BHSD, Joy Alexiou, HHS, and Kristie Glatze https://youtu.be/CNFMdODtRhg
May is Mental Health Month 2021
This year marks MHA's 72nd year celebrating Mental Health Month!
Since 1949, Mental Health America (MHA) and affiliates across the country have led the observance of Mental Health Month by reaching millions of people through the media, local events and screenings. We welcome other organizations to join in spreading the word that mental health is something everyone should care about by using MHA's May is Mental Health Month toolkit materials and conducting awareness activities.
In 2021 MHA will continue the theme of Tools 2 Thrive for Mental Health Month as mental health advocates strive to provide individuals with information and coping strategies around common struggles that affect mental health - especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The toolkit will be available for download in mid-March. If you would like to be notified by email about the Mental Health Month toolkit and other resources created by MHA, you can sign up on their website.
Suicide Prevention & Crisis Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- Suicide Prevention Community Outreach Materials
- Crisis Text Line
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Services Contact Info.
- SCC Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan June 2010 Rev. 03/2011
- CDC Epi-Aid Report on Youth Suicide in Santa Clara County 2016
- K-12 Toolkit for Mental Health Promotion & Suicide Prevention, 07-01-17
- National & State Resources
- Youth & Young Adult Resources
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Trans Lifeline