Workforce, Education and Training (WET) component provides funding to improve the capacity of the behavioral health workforce. Because of the critical workforce shortages in behavioral health, the Act provides funds to train, develop, and recruit a diverse workforce including consumers, family members, licensed professionals and others who are qualified to deliver client-driven, recovery-oriented, strengths-based services.
Santa Clara County’s Initial Workforce Education and Training (WET) plan was approved on August 27, 2009. The plan will improve and transform the behavioral health system by enhancing the skills of the workforce, expanding roles for consumers and family members and increasing cultural and linguistic diversity.
Workforce Retention Strategies – Educational Loan Repayment & Workforce Tuition Stipend
We are pleased to announce two new workforce retention strategy programs that our County is currently implementing: the Loan Repayment and the Workforce Tuition Stipend programs. Through our county’s participation in the Greater Bay Area Regional Partnership, Santa Clara County’s Workforce Education and Training (WET) program, received funding to provide up to $10,000 for eligible workforce members in exchange for a 24-month commitment service obligation providing services in hard-to-fill positions or hard-to-retain-positions in our Behavioral Health system. Our goal is for our providers to remain motivated to stay employed in our behavioral health system helping our clients in their wellness and recovery.
Below are the links for both programs:
- Loan Repayment Program Flyer // Guide // Application
- Workforce Tuition Program Flyer // Guide // Application
- Quick Links
- Learning Partnership Training
- OSHPD's Mental Health/Workforce Education and Training (WET)
- Cal Voices' W.I.S.E. University (Workforce Integration Support and Education)
- California Future Health Workforce Commission
- CIBHS' Peer Employment Information & Resources
- The Collaborative (Greater Bay Area Mental Health Education Workforce Collaborative)
- DHCS' CBHPC's Workforce and Employment Committee (WEC)
- SJCC ADS Dept. Peer Mentor Certificate
- Resources for Integrated Care