LGBTQ+ Information and Support
Welcome to the BHSD’s hub of Information on LGBTQ+ Information and Support, hosted by The Q Corner. We welcome you to check out the different tabs, stay connected with us by signing up for the mailing list and following us on social media, and reach out to us with any questions.
The Q Corner is a peer-driven, Behavioral Health Services Department program dedicated to supporting the LGBTQ+ community and their friends, families, and allies, in Santa Clara County. This safe, welcoming, and affirming team is committed to making community services and resources available to everyone. To access the Q Corner Poster and Postcard.
The Q Corner Services include:
- Support Navigating Resources and Referrals
- Peer Support and Mentoring
- Opportunities for Social Activities and Community Building
- Information on available Trainings and Best Practices.
The Harm ReduQion Project is affirming, trauma-informed support for LGBTQIA+ folks who use substances, focused on substance use prevention and intervention, and drug overdose and poisoning prevention. Link to Flyer
- Support through individual sessions, drop-in groups, and family consultations
- Education on overdose prevention, harm reduction, and LGBTQIA+ affirming care
- Connection to substance use recovery and treatment, and all other community resources
Quick Resource Links:
- The Q Corner resources list: https://linktr.ee/theqcorner
- Resources from the Trans Care Coalition: @SCCTransCare | Linktree
- We collaborate closely with our county partners, including the Office of LGBTQ Affairs. We encourage you to also check out their website, which is a wealth of resources: https://lgbtq.sccgov.org