LGBTQ+ Information and Support
Community Resources Local Trainings Groups & Events Best Practices & Publications
Welcome to the BHSD’s hub of Information on LGBTQ+ Information and Support, hosted by The Q Corner. We welcome you to check out the different tabs, stay connected with us by signing up for the mailing list and following us on social media, and reach out to us with any questions.
The Q Corner is a peer-driven, Behavioral Health Services Department program dedicated to supporting the LGBTQ+ community and their friends, families, and allies, in Santa Clara County. This safe, welcoming, and affirming team is committed to making community services and resources available to everyone.
The Q Corner Services include:
- Support Navigating Resources and Referrals
- Peer Support and Mentoring
- Opportunities for Social Activities and Community Building
- Information on available Trainings and Best Practices.
Contact The Q Corner today!
Phone Number: (408) 977-8800
Email: [email protected]
Quick Resource Links:
- OLGBTQ sentence listed
- LGBTQ Wellbeing resource
- Tips for being inclusive resource (link pdf)
- Resources from the Trans Care Coalition: @SCCTransCare | Linktree
- We collaborate closely with our County partners, including the Office of LGBTQ Affairs. We encourage you to also check out their website, which is a wealth of resources: https://lgbtq.sccgov.org
- LGBTQ Wellbeing & Suicide Prevention Resources
- Tips for being LGBTQ+ inclusive
Sign up for our mailing list!
Stay up-to-date by following us on social media:
Groups & Events
check back for upcoming events
Support Groups and Resources:
Trans / Non-binary / GNC Peer Support Group (English and Spanish Flyer)
- Hosted with LGBTQ Wellness and the Gender Health Center, this is a space for individuals who are transgender, non-binary, GNC, gender expansive, and/or questioning their gender to collectively build community in a safe, confidential space.
- English Group is the First and Third Monday of the month, Spanish Group is the First, Third, and Friday Monday of the month
- Register: LINKTR.EE/LGBTQWELLNESS
LatinX Diversa Group (Spanish Flyer)
Este es un espacio para ti, como una persona que seidentifica con la comunidad LGBTQ+, o que estacuestionando su orientación sexual o género.
- Primer Sábado y Cuarto Miércoles
The Q Corner offers these for free in an array of sizes and styles to folks in Santa Clara County who need them! Finding the right gaff or binder can be incredibly affirming and trying them on in person at our office is very helpful to find the right fit! Complete the below links to order one!
- Request a Binder: www.tinyurl.com/QCbinders
- Request a Gaff: www.tinyurl.com/QCgaffs
County of Santa Clara LGBTQ+ Community Resources & Tips for Being LGBTQ+ Inclusive
Wellbeing & Suicide Prevention Resources for the LGBTQ+ Community
Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese versions of “Wellbeing & Suicide Prevention Resources for the LGBTQ+ Community”