Looking beyond the clouds, Mending families, Transforming community
Mental Health Peer Support Worker Lead
Learning Partnership Division
1075 East Santa Clara Street, 2nd Floor
San Jose, CA 95116-2244
E-mail: [email protected]
Our vision is to have a community where there are no barriers or stigma associated with any form of mental illness, where there exists a strong sense of community in support of one another.
To promote wellness in the African American community by providing support, education and resources to consumers and family members with mental health issues.
Outreach & Education Events
- Mental Health First Aid (full explanation on ECCAC main page)
- We offer Mental Health First Aid to adults and coming soon, Youth Mental Health First Aid. Host a training at your worksite today! Or Attend an existing training!
- What Participants Have Said About MHFA (MHFA Testimonies)
- “I think this was a very enlightening and encouraging course. I would recommend this training to others.”
- “Great course! I am happy to get the proper training to help others facing mental health challenges”
- “Very practical and useful for church related, family, and work environments.”
- ECCAC African Heritage Outreach Events
- Lift Every Voice – a celebration of Black History Month
- Empowering the 55+ –a annual conference providing resources and information to older African Heritage adults
- We All Have A Story To Tell – Digital Storytelling Workshop – a free 3-day retreat that helps you to create your own 3 to 5 minute digital story
- African Heritage Community Events
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Luncheon Black History Month JuneTeenth Celebration
Group Support & Education
- Financial Education – 4 to 6 week program that provides tools to help you alleviate the stresses on financial concerns you may have (coming soon)
- Saving Our Last Nerve – 4 to 6 week discussion group that provides coping tools to help alleviate everyday stresses (coming soon)