The Suicide Prevention Program is offering the new Be Sensitive, Be Brave (BSBB) training series. The series is composed of two distinct and valuable trainings--BSBB: Mental Health and BSBB: Suicide Prevention. These programs, offered in partnership with Palo Alto University, are culturally competent trainings available to the general community. Currently only virtual trainings are available. More information can be found on the flyers below.
The Santa Clara County Office of Education and Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Department are pleased to provide all educators and school staff across the county with free access to the following simulations from Kognito’s social emotional learning curriculum for the ‘22-‘23 academic year. More information is available on the Suicide Prevention Program's Initiatives webpage and current Kognito offerings can be found at the link below.
Virtual Suicide Prevention Trainings
LivingWorks Start is available for FREE to general community members. Through the TASC model, individuals completing this training will learn through various modalities how to:
- identify indicators of suicide thoughts
- ask about suicide
- state that suicide thoughts are serious
- make connections to helping resources
For more information regarding LivingWorks Start, visit:
For any virtual training questions, please contact Evelyn Quintanilla, Community Outreach Specialist, Suicide Prevention Program, by email at [email protected].
Training provided by the Behavioral Health Services Department with funds from the voter-approved Proposition 63.
For more information, please contact Jasmine Lopez, Coordinator, Suicide Prevention Program by email at [email protected].
Suicide Prevention & Crisis Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- Suicide Prevention Community Outreach Materials
- Crisis Text Line
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Services Contact Info.
- SCC Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan June 2010 Rev. 03/2011
- CDC Epi-Aid Report on Youth Suicide in Santa Clara County 2016
- K-12 Toolkit for Mental Health Promotion & Suicide Prevention, 07-01-17
- National & State Resources
- Youth & Young Adult Resources
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Trans Lifeline