The Suicide Prevention Program is offering the new Be Sensitive, Be Brave (BSBB) training series. The series is composed of two distinct and valuable trainings--BSBB: Mental Health and BSBB: Suicide Prevention. These programs, offered in partnership with Palo Alto University, are culturally competent trainings available to the general community. Currently only virtual trainings are available due to COVID-19. More information can be found
Reminder: Our Kognito school-based partnership districts continue to have access to their modules. With a large number of school personnel working from home, Kognito simulations remain active and available for districts and their after-school program staff. Visit the Kognito Website at https://kognito.com/.
Virtual Suicide Prevention Trainings
LivingWorks Start is available for FREE to general community members. Through the TASC model, individuals completing this training will learn through various modalities how to:
- identify indicators of suicide thoughts
- ask about suicide
- state that suicide thoughts are serious
- make connections to helping resources
For more information regarding LivingWorks Start, visit:
For any virtual training questions, please contact Evelyn Quintanilla, Community Outreach Specialist, Suicide Prevention Program, by email: [email protected].
Training provided by the Behavioral Health Services Department with funds from the voter-approved Proposition 63.
For more information, please contact: Jasmine Lopez, Coordinator, Suicide Prevention Program by e-mail: [email protected] or 1 (408) 885-6421.
Suicide Prevention & Crisis Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- Suicide Prevention Community Outreach Materials
- Crisis Text Line
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Services Contact Info.
- SCC Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan June 2010 Rev. 03/2011
- CDC Epi-Aid Report on Youth Suicide in Santa Clara County 2016
- K-12 Toolkit for Mental Health Promotion & Suicide Prevention, 07-01-17
- National & State Resources
- Youth & Young Adult Resources
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Trans Lifeline